The second scan proved even more eventful than the first.
The 'is it or isn't it a fibroid' question took two sonographers and a consultant 45 minutes to solve. They all commented on how interesting this fibroid/object was in my uterus but, at the time, it didn't feel very interesting. When the Dr (who was young and very good looking - could this get any worse?) started talking about surgery I began to realise that yes, this could definitely get A LOT WORSE!
He said that in cases like this they would prefer to go in to see what it is and that, if I was OK with that he had a cancellation for next Tuesday. All I could think about was that this would postpone the treatment and, surgery? Next Tuesday? Really??!
I think their main concern was the position of the fibroid/object. I say think because, at this point, I was wishing that I was anywhere but there. If it was attached to the endometrium then we had problems. The sonographer suggested adding saline, the Consultant asked if I was OK for this to be done here and now, that it was a procedure similar to embryo transfer - a catheter would be inserted followed by saline. If the saline went around the fibroid/object it was good news, if it didn't, it was bad news and next Tuesday would be on.
The saline, thankfully, went all around the fibroid/object. They seemed happy with the fact that it wasn't attached so I am free to continue with this cycle however, he would like this fibroid/object to be monitored. So, although it was a stressful 45 minutes I have now experienced (minus the full badder) what a embryo transfer is like.
Now, I wait for the paperwork, protocol and prescription to arrive in the post which, the sonographer told me would be in the next two weeks.
We're on to the next stage...phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh interesting is never what you want to hear. Boring and normal is better. But good that it isn't attached to the endometrium and you are on your way!
Good to hear that the "object" wasn't going to interfere with anything!
Post a Comment